David Megginson wrote:
> So, Andy, here's your challenge -- you wrote YASim to prove how small
> and simple an FDM could be; how about showing us how small and simple
> a JavaScript implementation can be?  I'm sure FlightGear isn't the
> only project that would benefit.

Yikes, don't tempt me.  You heard Curt -- I'd get it written, it would
be small and tight and everyone would love it, and then I'd spend the
next 10 years turning it into the huge monster that every other
scripting language becomes.  In place of the Dark Lord, you would set
up a King; beautiful and terrible.  All would love it and despair.
Or something, anyway.  I pass the test. :)

Or not -- I'll admit that I've thought about writing a scripting
language in the past.  But it's not a simple project.  Or rather, it
can be a simple project if you're willing to do Scheme.  If you want
to do a parser for a nicer syntax and have built-in support for
concepts like modules and OOP, it takes more work.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA