I (Julian Foad) wrote:

> For my Saitek "Cyborg 3D Gold USB" joystick, that gave:
>
>   Joystick test program.
>   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>   Joystick 0: "Microsoft PC-joystick driver"
>   Joystick 1 not detected
>
> which is presumably because I haven't bothered to install Saitek's driver, because
>the default Windows one does the job.  Some other people will have done the same, of
>course, but there's not a lot we can do about it.

Hmmm... Saitek's "driver" for the "Cyborg 3D Gold USB" is called Saitek Gaming
Extensions (e.g. SGEv3.exe).  This is NOT a joystick driver (the default Windows
driver is used) but just facilites for customising the joystick for different games.
I installed it but it did not change the name reported.  Does this happen with all USB
joysticks?

- Julian