Hi Mally,

Following on from the work you're doing to get FlightGear compiling under
VC6.0,
>do you think there is any chance that we could end up with a VC6.0 compilation
>that works as a matter of routine for anyone coming into the project at any
>time, rather than being something that only works at one particular point in
>time?

I think the problem is that the VC project files are constantly updated and
it would be quite a job to stay up to date. something I'm not really
comfortable with at the moment, since I still have to work out how to use
the whole cvs stuff  (I know how to check stuff out, but actually have
never submitted any code). I think, what makes more sense is a small VC6.0
howto, that explains a few basics (eg, set compile option to 'multithreaded
dll' for all projects, howto include lib and include paths, etc). I also
had to install glut and had to figure out that zlib came with SimGear and
simply had to be decompressed. Then the SimGear project is inconsistent as
metakit is compiled as 'multithreaded dll', whereas simgear and zlib aren't
compiled as dlls. A small howto may really help, but I'm still in the
learning process of howto set up projects in VC, so maybe someone else with
more experience?

Cheers, Christian