Roman Grigoriev writes:

> I downloaded ASTER DEM and play with it
> Nice resolution (30m) but there are so many holes to use it
> So fightgear/terragear gurus maybe you tell me is there in dem library
some
> tools to approximate aster dem data with gtopo30 data to eliminate holes?

It is currently commented out but see src / lib / dem interpolate()
It may still work and in any case shouldn't need much to fix
there is also an Interpolate in the Lib/Array class < also commented out >

> Another question: now we have tile size = 1/8 degree. but when you deal
with
> this high resolution data you have to load smaler tiles to have good frame
rate
> where should I search terragear/flightgear code to have tile size 1/16 or
> 1/32 degree.

The US scenery is made with 30 meter DEM's so things should work OK
the least squares fit process removes many points and is 'tunable' if need
be

Norman