Julian Foad wrote:
> Just trying my first CVS update in a couple of weeks.  I see there is a
> new repository for the trunk, so I changed all my CVS/Root files to
> point to the "-0.9" one and logged in with the new password.  [Why not
> just have no password?]  But I get:
>
>   cvs server: Updating .
>   cvs [server aborted]: could not find desired version 1.9 in
> /var/cvs/FlightGear-0.9/FlightGear/configure.ac,v

> Can anyone tell me how to get CVS update going again?

Well, I think I've worked out what I need to do:

1. Connect to the old repository (was -0.7, now renamed to -0.8, I
think) and update to the "0.8 release" tag (there is one, I hope) which
indicates the point at which you created the new (-0.9) repository.

2. Connect to the new repository (-0.9), force all my local CVS/Entries
files to refer to revision 1 of each source file, and then update.

Anybody want to stop me before I try this?

- Julian