Curtis L. Olson writes:

 > > How big is the hit if you simply delete a higher-level node and let
 > > plib delete all of the branches and leaves underneath automatically?
 >
 > Big.  This is the big hit people were reporting and we were discussing
 > originally ... worst case scenario we are talking 10-20-30 second
 > pauses on a 1 Ghz class machine ... very often when you finally get
 > control back you find that in the last 20 seconds you have crashed
 > into the ground.  It's a disappointing way to end a flight, and this
 > problem is quite often flight ending.

What I meant is that you use your scheduler a little higher up the
scene tree.  The dynamic objects, for example, are under separate
branches for each scenery triangle; just deleting the top-level
triangle branch should be good enough, rather than recursing right to
the bottom of the tree and picking off the individual leaf nodes.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/