David Megginson wrote:
> I have a feeling that we won't have good, free geodata for the rest
> of the world until the U.S. decides to provide it for us,

Actually, wasn't there a shuttle mission about two years ago which did
a high-resolution radar survey of the whole planet?  I remember
reading somewhere (maybe here) that the intent was to make the data
publically available after some number of years.

Does anyone remember this project?

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA