src/Object/matlib.cxx:#493

You can play with the color (first 3 values) or the brightness (alpha)
which is the last value.  You probably want to tone down the alpha a
bit.

However, be aware that on some people's displays they were complaining
that they couldn't see the lights at all until I up'ed them to the
current value ... so this is very display dependent I think ...

Curt.