--- David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ace project writes:
>
>  > Is the class FGModelPlacement a good class to
> inherit
>  > to be used for drawing other multiplyer planes ?
>
> You probably don't need all of that -- just place it
> like any other 3D
> model using FGModelMgr.
>

> All the best,
>

> David
>
> --
> David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> http://www.megginson.com/

I just looked at FGModelMgr. How can I add models to
it in runtime ? Calling "init()" everytime the number
of multiplayers clients changes if very inefficient
(but might work) and risks memory leaks(?).

So I think I need a better way of doing this.

Would you consider one of the following changes to
FGSubsystemMgr:
1 move code from destructor to a clear() method
  (fixes all issues but is inefficient)

2 create a method to add/remove models(instances)
  (also fixes all and is more effecient)

3 make private fields protected
  (so I can inherit them and add my own planes in a
consistent way)

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Leon Otte

=====
My Flight Gear Multiplayer Stuff (work-in-progress):
http://www.kbs.twi.tudelft.nl/People/Students/L.Otte/

OK, I admit it: My girlfriend's just an object to me.
Unfortunately, there is some information hiding, but
thankfully, she's fairly encapsulated, nicely modular, and
has a very well defined interface!