Julian Foad writes:

 > It seems silly to have the "brake" key slam on full braking power, if it
 > is to be used on the runway.  No wonder the aircraft tend to tip over or
 > burst their tyres.  Can I recommend this patch which sets the "all
 > brakes" strength to 0.5 and the individual left/right to 0.7?

I used to use a different approach -- instead of slamming the brakes
right to 1.0, pressing my joystick buttons (works for keys as well)
would repeatedly increase the brakes by a small amount like 0.05,
while releasing would immediately reset to 0.  You could get a sort of
anti-lock brake by pumping the buttons.

All the best,

David

--