Michael Selig

> As it relates to documenting things, I'd like to ask this again: Is this
> file property-api.html still around somewhere?   This doc described the
> property tree.  It was a draft from Curt I believe.
>
> It seems to me like the property stuff is the most important part of
> FGFS.  If one does not understand how to use this and code for it (both in
> xml and cpp), then you're never going to get anywhere.  Ok, maybe I
> exaggerate (some).

I don't know if this exists or not

For my own understanding of the properties I dump out the
entire property tree every time the program starts

This doesn't document where things are in the code or the config files
but it at least lets you see what is there and is what I use in lieu of better
documentation

Question:
Is there any reason that ALL of the joysticks from the config files are
represented in the 'resident' property tree ??

Norman

// main.cxx
static bool fgMainInit( int argc, char **argv )
{

    // ADD THIS LINE OF CODE TO DUMP THE PROPERTIES
    writeProperties ("props", globals->get_props(), true);

    // pass control off to the master GLUT event handler
    glutMainLoop();

    // we never actually get here ... but to avoid compiler warnings,
    // etc.
    return false;
}