Jon Berndt writes:
> >  > There might be a yaw rate effect too.  When the aircraft is yawing,
> >  > the wingtip going "back" also sees a higher AoA and will drop if it
> is
> >  > past the stall.  Same deal.  The snap roll needs a stalled "down"
> >  > wingtip to get the divergence, in any case.
> >
> > That makes sense -- thanks.
>

> There's also the shadowing of an inboard portion of one wing as beta gets
> larger. Don't know if that is part of the effect, tho'.

What about "virtual" yarn?

X-Plane does something like this and it look like it would be a pretty
cool effect.

    http://x-plane.com/images/cola.jpg

This doesn't mean we'd need to do exactly the same thing, but the idea
of graphically representing what the internal flight dynamics is
calculating is kind of nifty ...