I've been trying to hunt down why G++ 2.95/Cygwin might be having a
runtime problem with menubar.[ch]xx.  Could this line from menubar.hxx
be causing the problem?

  map<string,vector<FGBinding *> > _bindings;

It is proper ANSI C++, and neither G++ 3.2 nor MSVC++ seems to have
any problem with it, but perhaps G++ 2.95 in Linux or Cygwin isn't
initializing the vector properly (I seem to recall that its C++
support is a bit marginal).  I could always change it to

  map<string,vector<FGBinding *> *> _bindings;

I'd need to add a bit more code for allocators and destructors, but it
wouldn't be a big deal.  Before I do this, though, can anyone confirm
whether this is likely to be the problem?

Thanks,

David

p.s. Now why do I prefer coding in Java, again?

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/