Norman Vine writes:

 > It would be nice if had a 'lint' like XML checker for all of the
 > 'properties'

We get an error if the XML document is not well-formed, but not if
there is an unrecognized property.  There are lots of good reasons for
keeping it that way.

 > Anyone know of an OpenSource alternative to XMLSpy

Tons -- nearly all good XML software is open source.  The problem
would be writing and maintaining DTDs or schemas for all our possible
information variants.  I've worked on a lot of SGML and XML systems,
and I've seen people spend a lot of money on that approach, but I've
never seen them get any substantial benefit from it.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/