James Turner wrote:

> I was actually looking at this (on a complete whim) the other day. It
> looks to be fairly easy, if you can assume the existence of wget / curl
> on the system. Otherwise, you need to write a bit of FTP functionality
> (probably a trivial amount, though). Also, I didn't look at the actual
> weather code inside FG but based on the command line switches I think
> gluing it in will be doable.

If you are using WeatherCM you can automatically use the current weather
of the world (the data isn't from the METAR though... But I think from
an equivalent source).

The WeatherCM also interpolates the data smoothly between the weather
stations - worldwide.

The only problem is that the new environment code doesn't try to use
WeatherCM. But it should be fairly easy to modify WeatherCM to output
the needed data in the (now) correct properties (nobody was able to tell
me the correct "paths" as I wrote it...)

CU,
Christian

--
The idea is to die young as late as possible.        -- Ashley Montague