On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:56:36 -0500,
"Dennis B. D'Annunzio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Andy Ross wrote:
> >>  > *but* it is in the wrong place
> >  > i.e Win32 linkage is quite different then Unix linkage and the
> >  > order of the libraries *is* important ie sybols must be resolved
> >  > *after* they are used.
>
> Yes, it seemed to me that opengl wasn't getting linked, so I was
> moving the link order around in experimentation.  The stock
> configuration has the libraries in the correct order.  I apologize for
> the confustion on this aspect.  BTW, the stock configuration provided
> the same message.
>
> I'm involved with the autopilot.sf.net project and we are exploring
> flightgear integration with our simulator.  The helicopter flight
> model was written by Aaron Kahn and has a VERY realistic hover
> simulation. Optionally, a flybar component can be introduced into the
> model for further simulating R/C class helicopters.

..aaah, another dream come true.  Thank you and welcome onboard.  :-)

> flight model is at:
> http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/autopilot/sim/src/heli-sim/
>
> This is our focus as we are working on a GPS aided INS system for R/C
> helicopters and airplanes.  The simulator allows us to work on the
> groundstation, kalman filter and other vehicle systems in virtual
> reality.
>
> The Kalman filter is at:
> http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/autopilot/sim/src/imu-filter/
>
> Navigation prototype is at:
> http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/autopilot/sim/src/controller/
>
> Trammell from the autopilot.sf.net project found an old
> flightgear-users message that detailed the cygwin build procedure.
> This email was enough to get flightgear compiling on my system.  It
> seems cygwin is pretty messy with regards to OpenGL and X11 (three
> sets & variations of GL headers!!).....
>
> I don't know enough about flightgear yet to know how to integrate the
> flight model... Either internally or as an external driver?  Although,

..would an external flight model be easier for you?
It can then network with FlightGear both from the same box
and from another.

> I must admit that I have been having too much fun flying and using
> flightgear and not enough time looking at the code :-)
>
> Plib networking also looks attractive.  We have a TCP/IP based state
> server on the sim and a UDP based state server onboard the vehicle.
> We are working to reconcile them (into UDP due to the nature of our
> wireless telemetry system) and someone mentioned Plib.  Between
> flightgear and opengc, it would be great to adhere to some sort of
> open source simulation network standard.
>
> our TCP/IP networking is at:
> http://cvs.sf.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/autopilot/sim/src/state/

..and your video code?  (more or less clueless coder-wannabe looking
for a light weight alternative to OpenGL video for FlightGear ;-))
Can your video code be set up to read flight simulation over the
network?  Like in:...
http://dsc.discovery.com/anthology/unsolvedhistory/redbaron/redbaron.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=FlightGear+%22Red+Baron%22++Discovery
...which used FlightGear networked to another sim, we don't shoot.

> Our UDP network is embedded in the onboard filter and ground station
> at the moment and isn't very modular (... hack ...)
>
> > I got a little spoiled these
> > past four years doing Java stuff at NextBus.</plug>
>
> I have done mostly Java work for the past 3 years.  This has spoiled
> me in regards to build systems.  Switching back to C/C++
> multi-platform systems has been a rude awakening...
>
> Thanks for the responses on this cygwin issue.
>
> Dennis

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: