Michael Selig writes:

 > I am wondering is it possible to translate an object?  I am working
 > on an ornithopter flight dynamics model
 > (http://www.ornithopter.net) and the center piece of the wing
 > translates.  (I currently use Lee's Hawker Seahawk!)

Yes, absolutely.  Here are the animations we currently support:

range:
  set the minimum/maximum range where the object is visible

billboard:
  rotate the object to face the viewer (one or two axes)

select:
  make the object appear or disappear

spin:
  rotate the object continuously at a certain rate

timed:
  select different variants of an object at different times

rotate:
  rotate an object

translate:
  translate an object

You can combine these for more complex animations, and you can use
interpolation tables for non-linear movements.

 > Also, with plib/fgfs is it possible to scale an entire 3D external
 > model?

Plib doesn't include a scaling transformation -- when I asked Steve
Baker, he said that it would screw up all of the FOV code.  You'd be
better to open the model in a 3D editor and scale it in advance.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/