On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 15:15, David Megginson wrote:
> If anyone wants a real challenge, try landing the Cub across the
> runway instead of along it.  It should be easily doable with the
> 200-foot wide runway, but I haven't quite succeeded yet.

When one of my friends was working on his private certificate, his
instructor landed the Cessna 150 they were in across the runway.  They
descended nose-up with full-throttle (on the backside of the power
curve).  I'm not sure how wide the runway was, but it was at a towered
airport.

Fish story?  I don't know, but I'm definitely not going to try it in a
real aircraft!

-Luke