Jon Stockill writes:

 > Wow, looks likt there's some real detail in there. What's the global
 > coverage like for this data? The current UK DEM data is rather coarse,
 > resulting in very flat terrain - I'm guessing there'll be huge
 > improvements if the UK SRTM data has been released?

I expect you'll see exactly the same improvement I did for Canadian
scenery:

  http://www.megginson.com/flightsim/old-scenery.png
  http://www.megginson.com/flightsim/new-scenery.png

I don't know when they're planning to release the 3 arcsec SRTM data
for areas outside North America, but then, until a few days ago I
hadn't known that the Canadian data were available.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/