David Megginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim Wilson writes:
>
>  > Well, I guess I can live with that.  Does this happen during
>
> It happens in the optimization steps just after loading.

Can we bypass this by doing our own ac loader in simgear?  I guess I need to
understand better what the "optimization" gives us.  My feeling is it is causing
some other problems that have cropped up in the past (specfically disappearing
polygons and inexplicable normal calculations).  It seems as though we should
be turning as much control as possible over to the modeler as far as producing
an optimimum data structure.

Best,

Jim