"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> The normal generation for ac3d models can be really poor and cause
> ugly distracting artifacts.  I see this on many aircraft and also the
> buildings.  :-(

That's partly because it isn't being done right.  And I suspect part of the
reason for that is the optimization.  It is possible to manipulate around
these problems,  which is why the shading around some of my more recent models
is working a little better.   The fact that we can't specify flat shading on
individual branches is a major drawback, and that is a plib issue.

Best,

Jim