WillyB wrote:
> > and
> >
> > > error time!
> >
> > I only use the UV editor and it is very practical.
>
> Is that in Blender, or a seperate program?

In blender.
First, split the main window ( right click on the window separator )
then in on window, choose the face icon,
load your .rgb file.

In the 3D view, stay in object(?) mode, not edit mode, select the object
you want to texture, go to face mode (f), you will see dotted lines in the
UV editor. They represent faces outlines, with a green line and a red one
that you can see in 3D view. Assign the image you loaded by choosing
it in the 'dashed' button. Move the vertices in the UV editor to place
your texture accurately. You can see your work if you hit alt+z in the
3d view.

You also seem to have a problem of face normal orientation. In face mode,
goto edit mode (tab), select all vertices and hit ctrl+n to orient the
normal outside. It it don't work ( you see the interior of the building
and not the exterior, hit ctrl+shift+n )

There is also normal interpolation that soften sharp edge. The only way
I found to go around is to split objects in seperate ones.

>  >The drawback of the .ac
> > format is that you can't assign more than one texture file to an object.
> > Split your blender objects if it is the case.
> > Their is another gotcha in the plib ac loader that can not recognize sharp
> > edge and interpolate normal that makes square look spherical.
> >
> > > Do I need to edit the .ac file for other than putting the line: texture
> > > "path/to/texture.rbg" in under the name of the object?
> >
> > You don't have to edit the .ac file for anything. You can remove the path
> > before the texture file name if you want, but is is only cosmetic.
>
> Hmm..  it didn't have the texture line in the ac file at all, I had to add it.
> Probably a difference in the versions of blender and the scripts.
>

> > > Do I need to tilt the model a certain way, or create the objects from a
> > > certain viewpoint maybe?
> >
> > ???
> > You don't include the camera in your model. Just use 1 unit for 1 meter,
> > and z up. The model will appear
>
> I don't think the camera gets added. Really not sure, have never seen it or
> thought about it.

Forget that. You don't have to tilt the model anyway.

> > > Thanks in advance for any help or insight into this...
> >
> > Post a screenshot link to see what's happening
> >
> > -Fred
> >

> Here are a few screenshots:
> http://24.121.17.106/fgfs/scenery/
>
> They are not spactacular models, boxes, I'm just learning how to do this ;)
> As long as I don't give up can't help but get better! hehe

Not so bad, but they seems to have no texture, only colors from material.
Beware, if you assign a color to a face and also a texture, the face will
have the texture tinted with the color. If you want to avoid that, remove the
material from the face.

-Fred