Curtis L. Olson wrote:
I have just committed a round of updates and reorganizations for Lee's
YF23 model.

--aircraft=yf23-yasim

Check it out, it's beautifully done, including nice gear strut
animation.  He also added a shadow as part of the model (which is how
they do it for the high end commercial driving sim we run here.)  It's
not a perfect solution to shadows, but it works well in airport
environments where they are the most important to have.

One step further would be rotating the shadow (rolling and pitching) as the aircraft does. For me that would be more than enough for a shadow.

Erik