> > > On the manufacturing side, however, Cessna and Piper seem to have
> > > withdrawn their permission for representation of logos, etc., between
> > > FLY and FLY II.
> > >
> > That's because Microsoft overbid on the licensing contract to deny it to
> > Terminal Reality.  See "2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of
> > competition".
>
> That crossed my mind :-)  But is this fact or is this assumption based on the
> observation that all the aircraft were renamed?  Is it just those two
> involved? Can't remember if Hawker is owned by Cessna now or not.
> Hmmm...maybe they should have called it Pigeon instead of Peregrine.

I was a beta tester for Fly! II.  Negotiations with Cessna, etc. were
"suddenly terminated" and all of a sudden Microsoft starts touting Cessna
and Piper connections.  It started quite the anti-ms rant on the tester
forum.

Fly! II wasn't much affected by this - the real pain is when those fscking
money grubbing, sh*t for brains, pointy-haired, no-load goat blowers at
Take 2 Interactive and Gathering of Developers told Terminal Reality to
ship the game on April 29th ( or so, it's been a while).  They didn't care
that it wasn't ready yet or that manuals hadn't been printed.  They just
wanted to make a fast buck and screw everyone else.  When the sim hit the
store shelves, it was a disaster.  T2I and G.O.D wouln't pay for placement
like they do their other titles, so not only wasn't it finished, it got
short shrift on the sales floor.

Richard Harvey was the driving force behind the Fly! series and he was
treated like crap even when undergoing chemotherapy for the cancer that
would eventually kill him.  I've nothing but the fiercest hate for both of
those companies and the animated human excriment that run them.  They
deserve to be pilloried in the desert and abandoned to the carrion eaters.

*ahem*

Sorry. :)

g.