On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:33:17 +0200,
"Frederic Bouvier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Jim Wilson wrote:
> > Innis Cunningham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> >
> > > Anyway if you have a look the 747 is painted in Pakistan Airlines
> > > colors and the A320 in Air France colors.So southwest is not the
> > > first.
> >
> > I was going to say that those aren't private carriers,  but a couple
> > years back it seems there was a news article about Air France
> > planning to go semi-private.  Still Southwest is the first private

..you mean Southwestern?  The low price air line?  I've got this _wild_
idea, they, RyanAir and possibly Norwegian(.no), in good anti-monopolist
spirit, might enjoy giving _us_, exclusive sim rights.  ;-)
Imagine the press response _potential_.  ;-)

> > non-national livery and I think that might make a difference...don't
> > know.
>
> Air France is a semi-private company where the French State hold 54.4%
> of the shares. But it is quoted at Euronext stock exchange.
>
> There are rumours stating that the government want to sell some of
> their share but they wait a market in better shape.

..that could take a while; any hot dog stand needs _substance_ to
support its owners profitably, and back-tracking the last "pre-Enron"
stock market hike, I'd _run_ 'till I see a drop to the hot dog stand
kinda sanity.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: