Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:16:36 +0200,
Matevz Jekovec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I found this page:
http://www.dlr.de/caf/satellitendaten/missionen/ikonos

It includes some of the larger German and some other European cities.
Are they at any use (caution, there is a note above the images that
they are meant only for private use and not for any commercial one?!)
for us?

..ok, how _do_ we reel in this _whale_?  The GPL does not bar anyone
from selling FG commercially under the GPL.  I don't see any conflict
between http://eoweb.dlr.de:8080/webgateway/impressum.html and the GPL
other than "commercial".

..IMHO, we should emphasize the use of FG in academic and research
settings, on approaching them, and I want opinions from people with
German academic, business or legal experience _and_ cultural knowledge,
on this fish.

..they might also like the contrast between Misrosoft's EULA's
and the GPL, if we get this done _right_.

..<drool>clusters and a global 1 meter scenery</drool>... ;-)

Guys, what if we have to different packages from now on. One, the base one (all the stuff under GPL and family license) and one the upgrade (all the things, like Pumpyhead's F-16 model, these textures and many other stuff found on the net). Cause the problem is that 90% of material on the net is mostly non-GPLed, it's only mentioned for free, non-commercial etc. and we can't now just request every author, to relicense his work especially for us. So Redhat, Suse, Mandrake and others should include only the base packge and exec, but for the upgrade, users should download them separately.
Comments?

- Matevz