On Monday 06 October 2003 11:26, Tim Kober wrote:
> Hi members,
>
> I am a new to this list and have a tricky problem: is there a
> workaround to convert or extract DEM-Information from .bgl-Files of
> Microsoft or mesh data from Lagos .bgl.-files? A conversion to another
> file format (readable by 3D-Software) would be OK also ...

I have looked into this a while ago. .bgl is a binary format and I thought
of the following approach. First, decompile the BGL to a human readable
form (sort-of), e.g. SCASM, and then interpret/convert the output to a 3D
file format, like .ac.

I found this:

http://freesc.sourceforge.net/scdis.html

to be the most usefull tool. It's Windows only, but it ran perfectly under
VMware. It's a commandline tool, so maybe it can be run with dosemu.

I found various programs to convert 3DS etc. to SCASM, but none the other
way around. Nevertheless, I think it would be possible to write such a
program, that extracts all kind of information from the converted SCASM
files, like Synthetic Scenery, Procedural Scenery or Airport data. For more
information and links, see the readme.html inside the SCDIS distribution.

--Ivo