Jon S Berndt wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:11:55 +0100
 Lee Elliott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are you sure the differential tail deflections can't be done in JSBSim?

Well, it's not so much that it can't be done. However, there are some factors to consider. Depending on the flight conditions and modes, the flight control system will control the ailerons and elevator differently. The control surface mixer may command the aerosurfaces differently depending on conditions and loading, and the flow over the various surfaces is complex and the flow over the tail is especially complex and partially affected by the setting of the aileron (flaperons?). These conditions don't lend themselves well to modeling aerodynamic forces and moments via coefficients in lookup tables. The solution is to model the aerosurfaces by parts, for which JSBSim is not **currently** set up to do.

I do have the lookup tables for horizontal tail deflection at different alpha and beta angles. Would that mean I can add them and use them like the other surfaces?

Erik