On Wednesday 12 Nov 2003 12:10 pm, Jonathan Richards wrote:
> Frustratingly, I can't get the geotiff packages to install.
<snip>
> Anyone know how to unstick this?  geotiff gives us a tool to read the tags
> in the TIFF files.
Sorry to follow up my own post.  I gave up on the rpm packages and tried to
install from source.  Segmentation fault!
So I took the binary package from

ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-linux-bin.1.1.4.tar.gz

and copied the files under /usr/local.
There are NT and MacOS binaries there, too.

listgeo gives a whole shedload of information about the mapping, too much to
report here unless anyone's interested, in which case mail me.
Jonathan