> OK, No problem. Maybe we should really consider a mailinglist for that as
Al
> has mentioned. Even if it'll be very low traffic.
> The question would be whether this would/could be hosted officially
> along the other fgfs list, or if we should set up something independet
> of flightgear.org
>
> Curt?
>
> My idea would be something like this:
> "flightgear-hardware" -- "discussions about hardware interfacing to
> flightgear, hardware design, and interface software"
>
> Whadda'y'all think ?

If Curt doesn't mind providing the facility, I like the idea. When we first
looked at OpenGC back in the fall of '01 Curt mentioned the idea of
including a repository for the software. It might be worth revisiting that
idea at this time. There is some synergy to be gained working with a winner.
We might entice some of the software types to think hardware and also create
some links from the various cockpit builder sites and support groups over to
FG.

OTH I could set up a server for a website, email, CVS, etc. It would be a
little slow, DSL connection is 768/512 and service might be a little spotty
as one develops their adminstrative skills (not a lot of experience in that
area). Either way, I'll spend a little time researching what is involved
with setting up and running an email list.

Regards
John W.