David Luff wrote:

How about aprons?  Most of the airports already done have edge (and center)
lighting defined for pretty much everything, including the aprons.  I'm
assuming that small fields won't have that, but larger commercial fields?

That probably depends as much on the apron as the airport -- the aprons around deicing, the terminal, and the big FBOs will almost certainly have edge lighting; the apron around Bob's crop-dusting service at the other end of the field probably won't.

Even when there is apron edge lighting, though, it's hard to see -- I've almost taxied onto the grass more than once at night even right by the terminal. Remember that the goal at the airport is to keep the runway lights directional and everything as dim as possible -- it's nothing like street lights, for example. Even big airports at night are very dark places.

All the best,

David