Alan King wrote:

Just a spring return to give some general feedback is all I'm planning for now. Main use on a simulator is simply to seperate the controls to the correct actions, don't see much point in going beyond that short of doing a full cockpit simulation of a particular type, which is beyond what I'm planning for the moment. I do motor controllers so it really wouldn't be much for me to do it, just don't see a whole lot of extra value beyond a spring for a basic control setup.

It depends on what you're doing. Control feedback is pretty critical for basic stick-and-rudder flying (that's one of the reasons that flying a plane in FlightGear is so much harder than in real life). For pure recreation, or for instrument training, it's not so critical.

All the best,

David