On Monday 29 December 2003 18:22, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Originally I tried to leverage an environment mapping trick to
> impliment the VASI.  However, my understanding of how this work
> was not quite right, nor was the understanding of the person who
> suggested this trick in the first place.  The result is that the
> VASI is dependent on the view direction, and not on your relative
> position to the VASI.  This is clearly wrong and I need to backup
> and do it over. This is high on my todo list, but it will involve
> a substantial amount of effort to do correctly.  There is no
> trivial fix to be had here. We need a complete reimplimentation
> from scratch.  I was hoping for some time over the holidays, but
> most of my time is getting sucked up with family obligations and
> events and get togethers.  And my wife thinks she should be
> seeing progress on our basement remodeling project.
> [ ... ]

Thanks Curt!

I kept having this feeling that the VASI were not working the way
they should but had not gotten around to trying to put that into
some coherent form :-(.

If you are going to work on this whenever you get a chance, perhaps
there is something in the implementation that would allow it to be
used to build a "ball" for carrier operations?

Some time working on the basement will give you time to think about
it and keep the wife happy :-).

Just a thought :).

Thanks & take care, Vikki.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7, SysAdmin, Embedded Systems Designer.
Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past is time gone.