On Saturday, 10 January 2004 17:47, Andy Ross wrote:
> Having the FDM coordinates and model coordinates match up is
> critically important for collision issues like gear compression.

That is exactly my concern which made me ask about the FDM and model origins
in the first place.

I don't mind if the origin of the FDM and model can be adjustable but once
they are set they MUST be static regardless of CG changes.
Just because the aircraft may have burnt some fuel off the FDM should still
line up with the model.
From what I understand that is not the case but I'll re-read the entire thread
again to make sure I haven't misunderstood the whole issue.

Paul