On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:55:05 -0000, Richard Bytheway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A question. When defining a cascade controller, is it important that the early stages of the controller go before the later stages in the config file?

The Primary controller (the one that sets the reference set-point for the secondary) should be processed first.

Alternatively, do the individual PID controllers get processed in the order they appear in the config file each frame, or are any dependencies worked out behind the scenes?

The comment in the top of the generic-autopilot.xml claims that the controllers are processed in the order that they appear. AFAIK no dependancies are worked out behind the scenes.

If order is important, I assume that you could get a 1 frame lag between each PID stage if they are in the wrong order.

True. If it would affect performance will depend on the process dynamics. If the dynamics are in the order of the time between two frames then I guess it would. Still, I of course think that we should do it right, as Curt has done in generic-autopilot.xml.

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen