Richard Bytheway wrote:
A question. When defining a cascade controller, is it important that the
early stages of the controller go before the later stages in the config
file?

Yes, this is the optimal arrangement.

> Alternatively, do the individual PID controllers get processed in
the order they appear in the config file each frame ...

Yes.

... or are any
dependencies worked out behind the scenes?

No, the pid evaluator just runs each pid module in the order they are specified in the config file.

If order is important, I assume that you could get a 1 frame lag between
each PID stage if they are in the wrong order.

Yes, that is what would happen.

Regards,

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org