On 2/3/04 at 3:13 PM Jon Stockill wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, David Luff wrote:
>
>> Tower control (and AI traffic) is now reasonably active, but with text
>> output only.  At the moment a new voice can't just be dropped in - some
>
>Is this currently just radio traffic, or should I be able to see the
>aircraft concerned?

You should be able to see the aircraft concerned, until they turn off the
runway, at which point they disappear.  They only appear at towered
airports, and only arrive, so if you tune your radio to a towered airport
and then fly there you should get hints where to look by listening to the
radio traffic.  I've occasionally spotted one heading for an unknown
airport in areas with a high airport density such as LA or Bay Area.

I'm not sure that I've LODed them properly either - on one PC I can get a
good hint where to look by panning the view side to side and noting where
the framerate drops!

Cheers - Dave