Josh Babcock wrote

> Actually, I'm pretty sure that with nasal and the animations
> we have we
> can do exhaust cones right now. Just model a cone, assign it a
> translucent, emmisive materiel and then use nasal to turn it on and
> off.  You can even make it get bigger and smaller with the
> animations.
> Don't know how to do the smoke though.  Also, those little
> clouds that
> form over the wings at high lift would be cool too.
>
> Josh
>
> Jon S Berndt wrote:
>
> > Any chance of modeling wingtip vortices (when CL is high
> enough above
> > some threshhold) and rocket engine exhaust?

The Hunter model has a rudimentary representation of gas turbine exhaust
using XML animation .... I think smoke might be more difficult. Wingtip
vortices, and afterburner cones have been done on the T38. Condensation
clouds over wing surfaces would be fun: the conditions under which they form
might be difficult to calculate. Something I wanted to do in the future

Vivian Meazza