On 2/25/04 at 8:34 PM Durk Talsma wrote:

>On Wednesday 25 February 2004 11:17, David Luff wrote:
>> In addition to Atlas, there is also another open-source flight planner
>for
>> MSFS, called 'Nav'.  It's written in MFC for windows only, but I was
>> wondering how much work it would be to port to wxWindows and convert to
>> reading FlightGear data.  Probably a lot and not much respectively.
>>

>Sounds interesting. The fact that' its written in MSVC is a big
>showstopper
>for me though, as I'm only using gcc these days

Short of time, so I'll answer the rest of your post tomorrow, but on this
one MSVC/mfc shouldn't be a problem - wxWindows is a cross platform mfc
'clone' (OK, not literally a clone, but very similar) that'll compile fine
with gcc.  On the other hand, I'm sure porting a non-trivial program is
still quite time consuming, especially as all the dialogs would have to be
recreated from scratch.  (wxWindows uses a more flexible mechanism to cope
with the differing sized widgets from GTK to Win32 (and others)).  I spent
a good few hours on it a few months ago, and now it doesn't compile on
either!!  Still hopefull though :-)

Cheers - Dave