On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:27:27 +0000
David Luff wrote:

> That sounds like a good plan.  It could get very complicated very quickly!
> In the vicinity of an airport, figuring out the other arrivals and
> departures shouldn't be too tricky, but if the user is flying an airway in
> the middle of the US, say, then working out which flights from disparate
> sources and destinations would be close (within radio range and on the same
> frequency) could be an algorithmic nightmare!!  Good luck :-)  It would be
> very cool to have working nicely though.

Maybe we could ask Eurocontrol (or other similar organizations) if they
could release the source of their system ? It's the one that
automatically accepts or rejects flight plans according to traffic load
in the whole of Europe... Okay, so maybe they won't release it. Or we
could try and implement the rules of ATC if we can get hold of an ICAO
"Document 4444", it's the one that deals with ATC rules, including
separation between aircraft.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck