On Sunday 04 April 2004 16:02, Ilja Moderau wrote:
> Hi,
> I have found Ilia Pavlenko's Tu-154 in CVS. The problem is Iīm working on a
> tu-154 too, see the following message on the mailing list:
> http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2004-March/026633.ht
>ml The Model is already animated and textured, panel and fdm are coming
> soon. I donīt want to conflict with any developer, so what should I do?

> Men canīt fly? http://home.arcor.de/iljamod/fly.jpg

You can add a suffix to your stuff and then it will co-exist without any
problems  i.e. TU-154-IM.

I like the idea of multiple versions of a/c - right the way through, from the
models to the fdms.  Ultimately, I believe it leads to improvements.

While having stuff in the cvs base package might be good for the ego, the vast
majority of the a/c will have to come out soon as it must be becoming
unmanageable, as well as bloating the base package size.

Personally, I've decided to put all the stuff I do up on the web for download
but cvs repositories avoid the need to download a complete archive/package
when only a small change has been made - perhaps a separate repository, just
for a/c might be a good idea.

Of course, it would then need someone to set it up and manage it, and I think
most of the developers are busy enough as it is.

LeeE