On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:41:43 -0400
 "Sonny Hammaker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To Whom it May Concern, and to Whomever may be of assistance,
I'm working on modifying a jsbsim FDM to represent an RPV with an autonomous autopilot. The autopilot and gnc systems are designed in Simulink, and we're using flight gear as the visual and dynamics model for the aircraft. I'm having a hard time maintaining an altitude hold, and I believe it is due to my lack of knowledge in terms of incorporating an engine and propeller model. I'm using an existing engine, and prop model, but our specific aircraft is equipped with an electric motor, and I don't see any examples of these in Flight Gear. The GNC system seems to be responding correctly, as is the velocity hold portion of the autopilot, but I'm not getting any response from the aircraft with an increase in thrust or power. Any advice on how to modify the engine or prop file for an electric motor would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the time

Very interesting. As you point out, we have not modeled an electric engine, yet, so I guess somehow you have hacked together an electric engine. I'd be interested to see that ...

Without seeing your configuration file, it's hard to make a good recommendation, but I would ask if you have tried the data logging feature of JSBSim, yet? You can log a lot of data that I would use to diagnose the problem. You would adjust the <OUTPUT> section of the aircraft config file to do this. Are you aware of this capability?

What are you allowed to share (for debugging purposes) as far as config files go?

Jon