On Monday 12 April 2004 17:28, Jim Wilson wrote:
> > I noticed something similar with the F-16 at low altitudes. I'm starting
> > to wonder if we need a select-deselect option for cloud layers that
> > should not be visible to solve this problem?
>
> Is this an issue only from the cockpit view?

I made some screenshots of the F-16.

http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/f16-cockpit.png
http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/f16-ext1.png
http://home.tiscali.no/rvovesen/f16-ext2.png

You can clearly see from ext1 and ext2 that the lights are not visible through
the canopy of the F-16, but still the building in the background is. The
cockpit shot is a bit harder to see but you can see that inside the darker
region no lights are visible.

The canopy glass of the F-16 has probably (I haven't opened the model in AC3D)
some semitransparent material. The same holds for the propeller disk of the
C172, and if you try the Cub I think it too has a transparent material for
the propeller disk.

I would say that it is an issue with semitransparent materials. If you try the
2d panels the lights are visible.
But the strangest thing is that as the aircraft rises above som 50 ft above
the ground the lights appear.

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen