Jon Stockill wrote

> > The Fleet Air Arm Museum are very interested in having their own
> > simulator but this would depend on them being able to find
> a sponsor -
> > so it's still dubious as to if anything will happen in that respect.
>
> They have a Vampire cockpit which they're using as an open
> display cockpit at the moment, and it's possible that this is
> what they'll use as their simulator, although various other
> ideas were discussed too.

Flew one of those once ... Many years ago.

> They were particularly impressed
> with the Seahawk and hunter models, so if Vivian wants to do
> a Seafire version of his spitfire model I'm sure they'd be
> happy to supply some information.

The thought had crossed my mind :-) and the transformation into a Seafire
MkIB or MkIIC would be trivial. Got to get the Spitfire IIa working properly
first, though.

I wish now that I had made some time to join you down there. I was busy, but
I don't live too far away, and time can always be found ... I'm kicking
myself.

Well done

Regards

Vivian