Okay, let try something simple first.
URudder and LRudder pass through the following coordinates:
[54.3,0,6.25] [58.3,0,12.24]

Displacement of the two points in vector is:
[4,0,5.99]

I believe the XML will be this:
<animation>
 <type>rotate</type>
 <object-name>URudder</object-name>
 <property>/controls/rudder</property>
 <factor>18</factor>
 <center>
  <x-m>54.30</x-m>
  <y-m>0.0</y-m>
  <z-m>6.25</z-m>
 </center>
 <axis>
  <x>4.0</x>
  <y>0.0</y>
  <z>5.99</z>
 </axis>
</animation>

<animation>
 <type>rotate</type>
 <object-name>LRudder</object-name>
 <property>/controls/rudder</property>
 <factor>18</factor>
 <center>
  <x-m>54.30</x-m>
  <y-m>0.0</y-m>
  <z-m>6.25</z-m>
 </center>
 <axis>
  <x>4.0</x>
  <y>0.0</y>
  <z>5.99</z>
 </axis>
</animation>

Weird how the X-axis runs lengthwise in FlightGear, while the Y-axis runs
sideway.

Regards,
Ampere