How often do people need to specify the state of gear etc globally? I can't, offhand,
think of a point at which you want all the aircraft in the world how drop the gear.
Considering this, is the typo easy enough to make that we ought to change the
behaviour? - or is this mucking up the established system too much?

Or perhaps, /property/value should reference to the aircraft currently under user
control, which would extend compatibility if we ever implement a 'switch which
aircraft you are flying in mid-air' feature.

Giles Robertson