On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:00:20 +0100
 "David Luff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/28/04 at 9:04 AM Jon S Berndt wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:29:08 +0100
 "David Luff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For those using CygWin, it's fatal at the moment.

Norman's latest openal build fixes it :-)

You have to admire Curt's methodology - fatally breaking the Cygwin build
has certainly created a momentum to fix it, and presumably saved the time and hassle of riddling the sound code with ifdefs!

This approach works only when there is a solution somewhere. From what I could tell in this case, that wasn't guaranteed - I was not confident that a viable fix would be found. My only development environment for Flightgear is CygWin. If that environment goes belly up, I'm toast. And sadly I don't have time to support any debugging efforts. I don't know who else uses CygWin exclusively, but I don't think there are many of us, so I get the feeling that the CygWin users don't have so much of a vote as the Linux guys. Thanks to Norman and yourself for getting to this point. Now will the build process integrate nicely with the normal FlightGear build procedure?

Jon