On Mon, 24 May 2004 10:34:03 -0500
"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here's a quick status update on my efforts to update the world scenery
> build.
                                [ snip ]

This all sounds extremely, extremely cool.  Thanks for all the effort
you've put into this.

I have a couple of questions:

> - We have added beautifully modeled rotating beacons, wind socks, and
> control towers to most airports that have them.  The location of these
> items are stored in Robin's database, so if the position of these items
> are wrong, we can submit fixes for them.

Will these still be in separate .ac files, so that they can be replaced
if desired?  As I learn blender, one thing I've wanted to do (and make
available to others) is make distinctive control towers that look like
the ones at specific airports, e.g.

http://www.npr.org/news/specials/americatransformed/photos/national.tower.jpg
http://www.grahametaylor.com/gallery/americasept02/images/America_Sept_2002_0227.JPG

> - Robin has made many updates to his airport database which will be
> reflected in this new build.  This will be most noticable in terms of
> many new/corrected taxiways as well as the beacons, windsocks and towers
>
> mentioned earlier.

The database that came with 0.9.4 had taxiways mainly just for big
airports.  Will this updated database have them for many smaller
airports as well?  I ask because I've been using David Luff's
TaxiDraw to make taxiways for the smaller airports in the default
area in hopes of contributing that work; but if that's not useful,
I'll do something else.

Thanks very much again; I'm really looking forward to the new scenery.

-c

                (remove "snip-me." to email)