Curtis L. Olson wrote:

It's automatic, but it is done by Robin for airports that don't have specific taxiways as he builds the data file.

OK, so it'll be overwritten as updates are committed.

Make sure the tools aren't finding a lower res data set before the higher res set ...

Is there any reason to keep the old data around now? If it's not used by anything I'll free some space up.

Right now it just places them in airport environments ... the floating wind socks are on my todo list to fix ...

I managed to track it down in genapts eventually - it seems to use the airfield surface it generates, so I guess it wouldn't be easy to generalise for placing scenery objects.

--
Jon Stockill