Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
Sorry, I meant it isn't the texture...

I was thinking about something else when I was typing the E-mail.

Regards,
Ampere

On June 7, 2004 09:48 pm, Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:

It isn't the model.  I used a texture from another aircraft and that
texture showed up too bright as well.

I have tried everything that I can think of, and the model is still showing
up too bright in FlightGear.  I am sure there is a way to set it, because
the other 3ds files in the Models/3ds folder don't have this kind of
problem.

There are a few settings that can make the object too bright/white:

1. The diffuse color is set too high (probably not in this case).
2. The reflective color is set too high.
3. Plib's loader doesn't handle 3ds color settings very well.

To test 2. you could set specular highlight to false in the render menu. If it's still to bright/white then that's probably bot the problem.

Textures are not able to make the object brighter than the texture color itself, so that can't be the problem.

Erik